Saturday, April 12, 2008

This is an online advertisment that I have gone through this morning. This online advertismnet is a sports equipment advertisment . The advertisment said " Welcome to our official website, here you will find anything you want. Hope you enjoy in our website, and find something special for your sports equipment." After I gone through this advertisment, then I think hmm.....what does it means by " you will find anything you want" and " hope you enjoy in our website and find something specia for your sports equipment". If I enjoy in the website, it does not mean that i can find something special for my sports equipment. On the other hand, it also does not mean that I can find everythingI want here. In this case, this online sports advertisment is trying to use 'red herring fallacy'. The are raising irrelevant claims.

No comments: